The New Ulm Farm-City Hub Club was organized by a group of 12 agri-businessmen in 1974. They were John Campe, Richard Ginn, Melvin Krzmarzick, Gene Rodewald, Bruce Fenske, William Knopke, Richard Pengilly, Frank Stuckey, Bill Fischer, Dale Krueger, Don Potter, and Jim Thomas. The men represented all types of businesses—finance, building material, seed, feed, fertilizer, transportation, education, media, fuel, tires, food, equipment, etc. They joined together to form what would become the only club of its kind in the nation. With agriculture being New Ulm’s #1 industry and New Ulm the agricultural center of southern Minnesota, the men realized a need to promote agriculture and to promote better relations between city and rural businessmen.
Over the years, the club has continued its original goals of promoting agriculture, promoting the New Ulm area as a trade center, educating people about the value of agriculture, and creating friendly relationships between farmers and city businessmen. The club annually contributes thousands of dollars to rural youth through scholarships and support for FFA and 4-H programs.
The club currently has 126 members, with a mixture of farm and in-town businesses. Members come from New Ulm, Courtland, Nicollet, Mankato, Lake Crystal, St. James, Hanska, Sleepy Eye, Morgan, Heron Lake, St. George, Fairfax, Gibbon, Winthrop, Hutchinson, Gaylord, and Lafayette.
Our Next Featured Event:
State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 N Broadway St, New Ulm, MN 56073
Design Home Center
1427 US-14, New Ulm, MN 56073
Shannon Hilleshiem or Randy Reinarts
525 Center Street, New Ulm, MN 56073